[Zope3-dev] Zope 3.2 maintenance

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Sep 8 04:12:38 EDT 2006

Hi!

Recently I started to use formlib in Zope 2. The current stable release
of Zope 3 is shipped with Zope 2.9, so I thought I would use actively
maintained code.

But I stumbled over some rough edges in zope.formlib and zope.app.form
and started to wonder if I'm the first person who tries to use some
specific features.

So I decided to work on some fixes. But surprise! Many issues are
already fixed on the 3.3 branch and trunk. Here is a small list of fixes
that were never backported to the current stable branch:

http://svn.zope.org/?rev=41043&view=rev
http://svn.zope.org/?rev=66579&view=rev
http://svn.zope.org/?rev=68157&view=rev
http://svn.zope.org/?rev=69760&view=rev

Are there good reasons why these changes were not backported?

I volunteer to backport some fixes I'm missing in Zope 3.2, but that's
no general solution for keeping the current stable branch maintained.

Cheers,

	Yuppie