[Zope3-dev] Naming tags

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Sep 18 07:13:14 EDT 2006

On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:05 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> The SVN tag names are bit confusing an inconsistent.
>
> The tagname for the ZODB release used for Zope 3.3.0rc1 is '3.7-
> Zope-3.3.0rc1'. Since we want to use the same release for Zope
> 2.10.0rc1
> I don't like that Zope 3.3 appears within in the tag name. I would
> appreciate it if we could stick with the same naming schema as in
> the past for ZODB (without X Zope specific information).

Me too, however, I don't think that ZODB 3.7 is ready for an
independent release.  It doesn't work with Python 2.3 and I don't
have time to fix it anytime soon.

In retrospect, I wish we'd used ZODB 3.6 for Zope 3.3 and 2.11 but
it's too late to change that.

> The Zope 3.3.0rc1 tag is '3.3.0c1'. The ZODB tag uses 'rc' and I
> would appreciate if we could use either 'c' for the release
> candidate or 'rc'

My mistake.  Feel free to rename the ZODB tag to use c1.

> but not both and not mixed for the same version. My personal
> preference is 'rc'.

My preference is c1.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org