[Zope3-dev] Naming tags

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Sep 17 03:05:13 EDT 2006

The SVN tag names are bit confusing an inconsistent.

The tagname for the ZODB release used for Zope 3.3.0rc1 is
'3.7-Zope-3.3.0rc1'. Since we want to use the same release for Zope
2.10.0rc1
I don't like that Zope 3.3 appears within in the tag name. I would
appreciate it if we could stick with the same naming schema as in the past
for ZODB (without X Zope specific information).

The Zope 3.3.0rc1 tag is '3.3.0c1'. The ZODB tag uses 'rc' and I would
appreciate if we could use either 'c' for the release candidate or 'rc'
but not both and not mixed for the same version. My personal preference is
'rc'.

Andreas