[Zope3-dev] persistent event subscribers?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Sep 20 13:57:44 EDT 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm interested in having persistent objects be event subscribers.
>
> I can't quite get my head around why this is a bad thing to aim
> for, but that's the vibe I get, can anyone enlighten?

It isn't at the most basic level.  Security gets rather difficult if
you let non-fully-trusted people create subscribers.

We already have persistent subscribers now, in a round about way.
There are global subscribers whos job it is to notify utilities of
certain events, making those utilities effective subscribers.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org