[Zope3-dev] persistent event subscribers?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 13:20:44 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> It isn't at the most basic level.  Security gets rather difficult if you
> let non-fully-trusted people create subscribers.

OK, wasn't specifically worrying about security, but why do you see this
as being an issue?

> We already have persistent subscribers now, in a round about way.  There
> are global subscribers whos job it is to notify utilities of certain
> events, making those utilities effective subscribers.

...and utilities being local utilities that exist in he zodb?

The problem I'm trying to get my head round would be how to make the
following hypothetical zcml actually work:

<subscriber for="Ix Ix"
             path="/my/zcatalog"/>

...and, from there, how to make it so a ZCatalog could have a tab saying
"subscribe to the following events"...

am I making any sense as I blunder around trying to explain what I don't
understand? ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk