[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.interface.Interface.(isImplementedBy vs implementedBy)

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Sep 21 03:51:02 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> I think that after eggifying Zope 3 in 3.4 and introducing some
>> features in Zope 2.11 that makes us not depend on Zope2isms like
>> Acquisition (while they'd still be available for those who want to use
>> them), we should invest into the Zope 5 vision: explode Zope 3 and
>> make Zope 2 the app server for both worlds, perhaps called "Zope 5",
>> perhaps not.
>
> Honestly, I think this is leaving it too late.
>
> I'd happilly see the two code bases shipped as one release, then at
> least we wouldn't have the (idiotic to try and explain to someone
> non-zope) "which version of Zope 3 is shipping with this version of Zope
> 2"...

Listen, we were over this. I wrote whole proposal about this months ago
already [1] and it was disputed heavily. It's clear that the community
doesn't want to go this way. I can tell you we'll have a hard time with
the Zope 5 vision already (which I think is the most sensible one at
this point).

[1] http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ReuniteZope2AndZope3InTheSourceCodeRepository