[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.interface.Interface.(isImplementedBy vs implementedBy)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 13:24:10 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Listen, we were over this.

Apparently, some of us are not ;-)
(and the problems caused by having two repositories for the same piece
of software keep emerging!)

> I wrote whole proposal about this months ago
> already [1] and it was disputed heavily.

Right, but from what I remember, this was mainly from the Zope 3 crowd,
who need beating with a reality stick every so often ;-)

> doesn't want to go this way. I can tell you we'll have a hard time with
> the Zope 5 vision already (which I think is the most sensible one at
> this point).

What I'd like to see:

- common code base
- zope 3 server/publisher/etc components
- zope 2 server/publisher/etc components

Of course, it'd be great to if they were all interchangeable.

Now, if all of zope 3 existing in lib/python/zope (in Zope 2 world) what
problems would there by for Zope 3 purists other than a bit of a loss of
disk space?

Also, put differently, what makes using "pure zope 3" compelling over
"using zope 3 components in Zope 2"?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk