[Zope3-dev] possible bug in zope.wfmc

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Sep 21 17:53:43 EDT 2006

Hi Adam

> Hi Roger,
>
> Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 12:08:20 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> Update -> Final is guarded by "review_result == 'accepted'"
> >> Update -> Issue is guarded by "transitionName == 'update_issue'"
> >> Update -> Review is guarded by "transitionName == 'update_review'"
>
> RI> Is this (Update ->> Final) not a end transaction?
> RI> Do you mean that the end transaction concept istn't
> correct working?
>
> Taken the above example,
> if review_result == 'rejected' and
> transitionName == 'final'
> when I fire workItemFinished in the workflow application
> neither condition is true. That makes zope.wfmc think that
> there are no outgoing transitions and proceeds to the
> finishes the process.
>
> The example is bad for this, because if there would be some
> activities after "Final" they would be skipped and the whole
> process would be finished.
>
> Hope that makes the picture clear.

Yes, but this sounds not good to me.

> RI> Sorry, I don't know. but I agree that it should be a
> difference if
> RI> we finsih a transaction with a Fslse or True guard.
>
> I'm trying to get some answers at
> http://www.workflow-research.de/Forums , which should be an
> official forum for WFMC.

Hope you get a better answer there then from me.
I'm not sure what the behavior should be.

- should you not offer the transistion for
  processing in such a usecase
  (but what if this is a automatic transition?)

- Should you catch this usecase with a error message
  like you said before

- Or should you let pass the trasnistion to the
  end because this is a miss configuration

I really don't know what the recommended way should
be, but you could make sure catching this usecase and
implement a kind of fallback transition and do something
what you need to do and avoid to get processed to the end.
This could probably be a workarround which makes it
working without implementing a error message.

Regards
Roger Ineichen