[Zope3-dev] Python version for Zope 3.4 ?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Sep 28 12:00:07 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Baiju M wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   What is the target Python version for Zope 3.4, is it Python 2.5?
>
> That's a good question.  I fear it will take a fair bit of work to
> get to it and, frankly for me there are higher priorities.

I think we'd be okay in not supporting Python 2.5 yet for this release.
Python 2.5 has just been released, and the 9 months or so will give it
time to gell out, Python extensions a bit of time to catch up with the
newer version, and for us to do some experimenting. Linux distributions
will likely still be supporting Python 2.4 (along with 2.5) at that
stage as well.

So unless a volunteer steps up to do lots of hard work between now and
march next year, let's stick with Python 2.4. Otherwise let's plan it in
for Zope 3.5 and Zope 2.12

Regards,

Martijn