[Zope3-dev] RFC: Guide for maintaining software in the Zope repository

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:21:24 EDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> We should not be too pendantic when it comes to coding styles. I assume
> that most contributors to Zope 3 or Zope components know how to write code
> the Zope 3 way.

As the community grows, this is an increasingly poor assumption.
Different developers come to Zope with different background experience
and from environments that have their own coding styles.

> Now with Philipp's guide we have a document telling people
> how to do it the right way.

I don't think that's what this is.  This is a document describing how
things /are/ done in the Zope 3 repository.  That's helpful both as it
stands and as a foundation for a document on how things should be
going forward.

This has nothing to do about what's the "right" way; it's about what's
the agreed-upon way.  Very different.  Everybody already knows the
right way, they just can't agree on it.  :-)

  -Fred