[Zope3-dev] RFC: Guide for maintaining software in the Zope repository

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Aug 25 06:31:27 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote at 2007-8-24 20:24 +0200:
>I wonder how you can like this language with significant whitespaces
>and lots of underscore rules then :).

In fact, I dislike Python's grouping by indentation (especially how
it is implemented in the interactive interpreter) and
a few other syntactical aspects (e.g. the need to explicitly
specify the "object" parameter in a method definition).
But other aspects are very nice and outweigh the syntactical nastiness.

I do not see lots of underscore rules, maybe because I disregard PEP 8...
For me, the Java style ("getMainType") is easier readable than
the one prefered in the Python runtime library ("get_main_type").

--
Dieter