AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: skin support for xmlrpc

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Aug 27 23:00:09 EDT 2007

Hi Jodok

> Cc: Christian Zagrodnick; zope3-dev at zope.org
> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: skin support for xmlrpc

[...]

> for me xmlrpc is remote procedure call. a rpc has a signature
> and always the same result. and as stephan said - traversers
> should help here.

Yes, but what does this mean? Where is the difference to
any other view e.g. BrowserRequest views.

XML-RPC views are exactly the same as any other
multi adapter which can get traversed. All of them
need to support a layer. Except that the default layer
for XML-RPC is the XMLRPC request and not the
DefaultBrowserRequest.

Traverser are not needed for this. That's a totaly different
concept.

btw, the layer is a namespace for permission settings
and not skinning/layout in this usecase.

[...]

Regards
Roger Ineichen