[Zope3-dev] development checkout

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 03:59:00 EST 2007

Hi All,

It's been way too long since I did that, but how do I go about getting
an svn checkout of Zope 3 that I can develop with? Is there a how-to
somehwere?

I'd imagine it goes something like:

1 - checkout svn url you wish to develop with

2 - do some kind of inplace build

3 - point your mkzopeinstance-created instance at the checkout

4 - develop

5 - run tests

How do I do 2 and 5?

For 2, how do I do a suitable in-place build on Linux? Are there still
up-to-date pre-built binary bits for Windows that I can unpack? If so,
where do I get them from?

For 5, how do I run tests for a module in the checkout with the
testrunner, as opposed to tests for a module in the instance?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk