[Zope3-dev] development checkout

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Feb 1 05:08:37 EST 2007

Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's been way too long since I did that, but how do I go about getting
> an svn checkout of Zope 3 that I can develop with? Is there a how-to
> somehwere?
>
> I'd imagine it goes something like:
>
> 1 - checkout svn url you wish to develop with
>
> 2 - do some kind of inplace build
>
> 3 - point your mkzopeinstance-created instance at the checkout
>
> 4 - develop
>
> 5 - run tests
>
> How do I do 2 and 5?
>
> For 2, how do I do a suitable in-place build on Linux? Are there still
> up-to-date pre-built binary bits for Windows that I can unpack? If so,
> where do I get them from?
>
> For 5, how do I run tests for a module in the checkout with the
> testrunner, as opposed to tests for a module in the instance?

I'll take a guess that it's not too different from building zope 2:

$ python setup.py build_ext -i

On windows, you probably need mingw32. This may help:
http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/ploneout/trunk/WINDOWS.txt

To run tests, you can certainly run tests from an instance, e.g.

$ bin/zopectl -m zope.interface

I'm not sure how they should be run if you have no instance available, but
it's just a matter of finding a testrunner that has the right PYTHONPATH
surely.

Martin