[Zope3-dev] Re: Test layers for zope.app.* packages

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:01:36 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> An egg should only *depend* on setuptools if it uses things like
> pkg_resources (e.g. for namespace packages).

But there's no need to depend on setuptools for namespace packages
generally; that's specific to namespace packages in the presence of
zip_safe eggs.  This is where I get (somewhat) antsy.

> That setuptools are required for *building* an egg goes without question.

That I've never objected to; I don't want to duplicate that functionality.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca