[Zope3-dev] Re: Why is the testrunner running with the --profile option ?

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Wed Feb 28 17:08:24 EST 2007

Benji York schrieb:
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> Why is the testrunner running with the --profile option  ?
>> I did not set it. I understand that profiling should be disabled if
>> hotshot cannot be imported.
>>
>> Running (from a svn checkout)
>> python test.py -s zope.anypackage
>
> Works for me.
>
>> ImportError: No module named profile
>> please install the python2.4-profiler package
>
> zope.testing never imports profile.  It uses hotshot, but that import is
> protected by a try/except because some distributions don't include hotshot.
>
> Perhaps we could help more if you included the full traceback of the
> above exception.

It is like Marius Gedminas said earlier in his response: just install
python2.4-profiler package and it works.

The problem (again) was using 'test.py' with the system python; hotshot
was installed but the profiler module missing.

hotshot.stats throws the ImportException and then exits; there is no
traceback available. I think, the only way to catch this case is trying
to import profile in testrunner itself before importing hotshot.stats.

Thanks anyway
Michael

--
http://www.zope.org/Members/d2m