[Zope3-dev] Re: Why is the testrunner running with the --profile option ?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Wed Feb 28 18:21:54 EST 2007

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> It is like Marius Gedminas said earlier in his response: just install
> python2.4-profiler package and it works.

I'm glad that solved your particular problem.  zope.testing is supposed
to work without hotshot (and therefore its dependencies like profile),
so I'd like to figure out why it's not working correctly.

> hotshot.stats throws the ImportException and then exits; there is no
> traceback available. I think, the only way to catch this case is trying
> to import profile in testrunner itself before importing hotshot.stats.

This is what has me confused; the only imports of hotshot and
hotshot.stats are protected by try/excepts.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer