[Zope3-dev] Some thoughts on Zope 3, Zope 3 applications, and Zope 3 instances

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Thu Jan 4 07:55:53 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 05:12:18PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Some thoughts on Zope 3, Zope 3 applications, and Zope 3 instances
[...]
> I should note that there have been a number of sucessful Zope 3
> applications that were not the OFS.  In fact, some of the earliest
> production Zope 3 applications were not based on the OFS.

One of the first Zope 3 applications I looked at was SchoolBell. I was
charmed by the elegant structure after install: a bunch of libraries
somewhere, and a single instance directory containing a configuration file
(for SchoolBell only, not Zope), and start and stop scripts. The Data.fs
file was built during the first run.
As a system administrator, this is how I like to see applications.

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud