[Zope3-dev] Some ZPT insights needed

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Jan 6 12:15:19 EST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:03, Andreas Jung wrote:
> returns always unicode for non-strings but keeps standard Python
> strings as they are.

I think we always require to return unicode text within Zope 3, so there
should never be a regular string in there.

> I have some ideas how make resolving UnicodeDecode
> error configurable but I am not sure if this code should go into the Zope 3
> or should remain in the Zope 2 core. Does Zope 3 has to deal with such
> kind UnicodeDecode errors?

I think this is a pure Zope 2 problem at this point, no? We certainly have way
of handling UnicodeDecode errors. If you can show that this could potentially
be a problem in Zope 3 as well, I would be for adding your UnicodeDecode
resolver to the Zope 3 core.

BTW, weren't you in the room when we had the initial discussions pretty
exactely 5 years ago?

Yes, you were! :-)

http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/Feb2002InternationalizationSprint

Wow, Zope 3 is that old already.