[Zope3-dev] Some ZPT insights needed

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 7 15:46:21 EST 2007

Stephan Richter wrote at 2007-1-6 12:15 -0500:
>On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:03, Andreas Jung wrote:
>> returns always unicode for non-strings but keeps standard Python
>> strings as they are.
>
>I think we always require to return unicode text within Zope 3, so there
>should never be a regular string in there.
>
>> I have some ideas how make resolving UnicodeDecode
>> error configurable but I am not sure if this code should go into the Zope 3
>> or should remain in the Zope 2 core. Does Zope 3 has to deal with such
>> kind UnicodeDecode errors?
>
>I think this is a pure Zope 2 problem at this point, no?

Thus, you would not mind that the Zope 3 code is changed at this
place -- as pure Zope 3 will not execute it.

>We certainly have way
>of handling UnicodeDecode errors. If you can show that this could potentially
>be a problem in Zope 3 as well, I would be for adding your UnicodeDecode
>resolver to the Zope 3 core.

The aim is to have the same "PageTemplate" implementation
for both Zope 2 and Zope 3. Thus, it may be necessary to extend
the common code a bit even when the problems does not occur
in pure Zope 3 code.

--
Dieter