[Zope3-dev] Re: Trunk open for feature development towards Zope 3.5

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Jul 5 10:45:25 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2007, 16:32 +0200 schrieb Philipp von
Weitershausen:
> Christian Theune wrote:
> > I've made the release branch for Zope 3.4, you can feel free to start
> > introducing changes for Zope 3.5 into the trunk of the tree.
>
> It should be noted that the 'Zope3' tree actually contains little or no
> code at this point.
>
> I haven't yet see you make tags of the individual projects where
> necessary. Will there be tags of those to represent their state in the
> Zope 3.4.0b1 release? What about when we go final?

Right. I will make tags when we go final, I won't make tags until then
because it's such a pain to keep them synchronised. After the 3.4 final,
we will (hopefully) never again point an external to a branch or the
trunk but to tags and update the references as needed. However, I update
the revision numbers until then.

I'm not sure what the interaction patterns are, e.g. who's responsible
for updating the tree's pointers to newer packages. The maintainers of
those packages? They probably know best ...

Christian