[Zope3-dev] Re: Trunk open for feature development towards Zope 3.5

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Jul 5 10:48:35 EDT 2007

On 5 Jul 2007, at 16:45 , Christian Theune wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 05.07.2007, 16:32 +0200 schrieb Philipp von
> Weitershausen:
>> Christian Theune wrote:
>>> I've made the release branch for Zope 3.4, you can feel free to
>>> start
>>> introducing changes for Zope 3.5 into the trunk of the tree.
>>
>> It should be noted that the 'Zope3' tree actually contains little
>> or no
>> code at this point.
>>
>> I haven't yet see you make tags of the individual projects where
>> necessary. Will there be tags of those to represent their state in
>> the
>> Zope 3.4.0b1 release? What about when we go final?
>
> Right. I will make tags when we go final, I won't make tags until then
> because it's such a pain to keep them synchronised.

Fair enough.

> After the 3.4 final,
> we will (hopefully) never again point an external to a branch or the
> trunk but to tags and update the references as needed.

Agreed. Note that a few packages already have 3.4.x with x>=0 tags.
Not that that's a problem, just so you know :).

> I'm not sure what the interaction patterns are, e.g. who's responsible
> for updating the tree's pointers to newer packages. The maintainers of
> those packages? They probably know best ...

I disagree. While Stephan raises a few good points that still need to
be adressed for the tree, I personally prefer not working with the
tree anymore. If people want to keep it around, that's fine, but then
they should maintain it.