[Zope3-dev] Re-revisiting IResult (for in-Zope pipelining)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 05:40:55 EDT 2007

Hi all!

On 4/16/07, Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> wrote:
> The work that Jim Washington and David Pratt have started recently to
> make lxml an XHTML generator/ZPT replacement [#1]_ has really excited
> me.  It would be *great* with in-Zope pipelines [#2]_.

I'm here at the grok-sprint at EuroPython and we are looking into
getting a pipeline hooked in to add theming to HTML output. [The idea
of this is to add the theming, that is design, viewlets and so on, by
imposing it on the HTML output, instead of including it from the
template. This would open up for template independency, or even
skipping templates completely for simple HTML and instead just
outputting it.]

We are looking for recommendations and visions on how to do this
pipelining with IResults, because it's not entirely clear to us at the
moment. Main worries are the questions of how to differ between
results that need to be themed and those who don't, and also IResult
seems to have to handle the encoding itself, which means we need to
duplicate the encoding that is already going on in setResults.

I have earlier (before IResult being made public) made a quick hack
that inserts theming earlier in the process by replacing the
BrowserPublication, maybe that's a better way to put theming?

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64