[Zope3-dev] Re: Windows eggs

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Jul 13 09:25:06 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> Could you or someone else make final source releases of these first?
>>> I expect that some of these haven't changed since Zope 3.3. We should
>>> not make new releases of eggs if they haven't changed.  One of the
>>> great things about eggs is that we can stop releasing non-changes. :)
>>
>> In the short term, I'll go ahead and make windows eggs for the
>> packages that have latest source distros.
>
> I take that back.  It looks like it's going to take more time than I
> have to figure out what releases to make.  There are various versions
> floating around.

Yes, I noticed that too. I think the current situtation is way too
confusing. We should decide which the authoritative source for the eggs
is, the CheeseShop or http://download.zope.org/distribution. The
advantage of the latter is that everybody with checkin rights can
release a new egg, whereas on the CheeseShop it takes access rights.

> Please either:
>
> Point me at an existing source release, and I'll be happy to generate
> corresponding windows eggs.
>
> I made windows eggs for the latest version of zope.interface that's in
> pypi.

Great. So we have zope.interface and zope.proxy and there'll be no need
for zope.thread. Which leaves us with:

http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.security-3.4.0b2.tar.gz
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.app.container-3.5.0a1.tar.gz
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.hookable-3.4.0a1.tar.gz
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.i18nmessageid-3.4.0a1.tar.gz

I realize that those aren't final releases, but they (most probably)
haven't changed significantly after these releases were made, which
would make it a waste of time if I had to tag and tarball them just for
the sake of a different version ID.

Thanks again

Philipp

P.S.: While looking around, I found that an ancient version of
zope.security actually exists as a Win32 egg on the CheeseShop:
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zope.security/3.4dev-r73262.
I wonder why my Windows buildout didn't find it. Perhaps the egg doesn't
satisfy a version dependency?