[Zope3-dev] Re: Windows eggs

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jul 13 12:09:22 EDT 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:
> I was trying to point out that doing only a partial
> job (making binary installers for alphas) is likely to be troublesome.

Minor note:

For library-ish things, I've decided to *stop* making installers.
I'm only going to release binary distributions as eggs.  Otherwise,
dependencies are too hard to deal with.

For something like an application, I think an installer makes sense,
but then it should be self contained.  I think if people get an
installer, I think they expect to install it and have it work as is.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org