[Zope3-dev] Re: Windows eggs

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Fri Jul 13 14:19:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> I tried to follow instructions from the web on how to get such a
> toolchain running on my Windows machine (see post scriptum to my very
> first email). It failed with an obscure error when compiling the
> extension. So, it seems at the moment there's no easily deployable
> toolchain. Having Windows test alphas and betas that they compile
> themselves is all fine and dandy, but unless we have a way for them to
> do that, this remains all but a pious wish.

Have you seen my instructions for a Plone 3.0 buildout at
http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/ploneout/trunk/WINDOWS.txt ? They are
based on the MinGW C compiler and I and quite a lot other people have
successfully built all of Zope's C extensions this way. The important
parts are the 'MinGW' and 'Configure Distutils to use MinGW' sections.

Hanno