[Zope3-dev] RFC: zopeproject

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Wed Jul 18 06:26:39 EDT 2007

> Feedback
> --------
>
> As much as I see the library-driven approach replace the instance
> approach, I see zopeproject as the way to get started with an
> application instead of mkzopeinstance. I would like to ask everyone
> who's interested in checking it out and give feedback, both on these
> ideas and on zopeproject specifically.
Maybe it is too fast for these questions but these are ones
I had just after trying zopeproject:

1. What should I do after creating project?
Where should I start writing my code? In one of folders created by
zopeproject or
maybe I'm just supposed to create my own folders and put them in
pythonpath?

2. Is this kind of setup (I mean using zopeproject) supposed
to be used to deploy applications in production environments?

3. Does this work with workingenv? While trying to
install zopeproject with active workingenv I get:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(env1)pigletto at PCC2:~/workingenvs/env1$ zopeproject newone
Enter user (Name of an initial administrator user): blablabla
Enter passwd (Password for the initial administrator user): blablabla
Enter eggs_dir (Location where zc.buildout will look for and place
packages) ['/home/pigletto/buildout-eggs']:
/home/pigletto/workingenvs/env1/buildout-eggs
Creating directory ./newone
Downloading zc.buildout...
Invoking zc.buildout...
Couldn't find index page for 'zope.app' (maybe misspelled?)
No local packages or download links found for zope.app
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('zope.app') (--always-copy skips system and
development eggs)
While:
  Installing.
  Processing develop directory '/home/pigletto/workingenvs/env1/newone/.'.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:

AssertionError:

(env1)pigletto at PCC2:~/workingenvs/env1$