[Zope3-dev] RFC: zopeproject

Michael R. Bernstein michael at fandomhome.com
Wed Jul 18 17:41:40 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 18:50 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> * Would it help if the 'myzopeapp' package would not be in the top-
> level MyZopeApp directory, but in a 'src' directory below MyZopeApp?
> Would that make it clearer where to go?

+1

> * grokproject actually also creates a "hello world" browser page.
> That way there's some initial code there and people might know better
> where to go in and change stuff. Would that help? Or would that be
> too much unnecessary boilerplate?

I don't think this is unnecessary boilerplate for many projects, but
it's not universal.

What is the appropriate way to 'specialize' the zopeproject recipe for
different 'default' purposes, one of which would be 'hello world'?

> > 2. Is this kind of setup (I mean using zopeproject) supposed to be
> > used to deploy applications in production environments?
>
> It certainly can be used for deployment, though you'll probably want
> to make some changes to the configuration files before you deploy
> (rip out the administrator account, deactivate developer mode,
> etc.).
> Again, this is a good question that should be answered in the
> zopeproject docs.

If the most common configuration changes can be gathered into a
'deployment' recipe, that would also be useful, I think.

- Michael R. Bernstein