[Zope3-dev] Windows eggs

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Jul 26 16:58:09 EDT 2007

Thanks to Hanno's suggestion, I've been able to create Windows eggs of
any package that contains C extensions using MingW instead of Visual C.
See [1] for the details. So far, I haven't found any facts on whether
code compiled with MingW is "better" or "worse" than code compiled with
Visual C. Perhaps MingW binaries are slower. I haven't tested that. If
somebody has info on this, please share it with us.

We don't have Windows eggs for any of the newest releases that were made
since I asked Jim to create 5 or so Windows eggs the last time. I think
a MingW would be better than no egg (Windows people are eager to try
Zope and Grok from eggs, too!), so I'd be willing to create Windows eggs
of the missing packages, now that I have the setup to do so.
Alternatively, both Adam and Jim are certainly most welcome to do it
with their Visual C setup *wink*.

If people are ok with my MingW eggs, I would appreciate CheeseShop
access to the packages in question:

* zope.app.container
* zope.hookable
* zope.i18nmessageid