[Zope3-dev] Please don't use svn.zope.org urls in distutils homepage urls

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jul 27 08:53:10 EDT 2007

There's a "url" option to the setup function in setup scripts.  I've
used values like: 'http://svn.zope.org/myproject'. This was a
mistake.  setuptools will search this value and this is putting
pointless and harmful pressure on the view cvs interface.  We've
configured apache to reject setuptools requests to viewcvs for now.
Please don't use svn.zope.org in the URL option any more and change
any packages you're responsible for to not use it.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org