[Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.form/trunk/src/zope/app/form/browser/te FileWidget tries to be smarter about not deleting the currently stored content when the user did not upload a new file.

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Wed Jun 27 10:28:21 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-27 16:13:06 +0200, Gary Poster <gary at zope.com> said:

>> newvalue is not formfield? To me this does not make much sense. Why
>> would I return self.context to indicate the value has not changed?
>
> As the comment says, looks like form_field is being used as a
> marker--.get should (hopefully) never return form_field, which is
> precisely the point: that way, if get returns form_field, that means
> that there is not a new value of any sort.

Geeh. I'm so blind. :(

> Anyway, to the original problem.  As I said, I don't know what to do
> except suggest that you revert here.  Are you willing and able?

I don't think there is short term thing to achieve. With short term
being half an hour since then I'm leaving for vacation ;)

I'm reverting just now.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891