[Zope3-dev] Re: ZPT missing header

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Fri Mar 9 08:32:56 EST 2007

Hi

On 2007-03-09 13:40:17 +0100, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> said:

> On Thursday 08 March 2007 21:06, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> Some test do not pass in our application with
>> the newest Zope3 trunk.
>>
>> Can somebody explain what's happen to the meta header info.
>> In our Page Template the following header get lost:

> />
>
> Roger forgot to mention that this is probably due to this checkin:
>
>    See checkin 73025 from zagy:
>    ----------------------------
>    - zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplatefile introspects the html http-equiv
>      header to guess the content encoding. This did not work for XHTML
>      content.
>
>    - zope.app.publisher.browser.pagetemplateresource sets the Content-T ype
>      header like the other page templates do it.
>

>    This basically fixes page templates in resource directories having a
>  byte order
>    mark. Those were delivered as text/plain.
>
> If we do not get an explanation what happens here including a fix, I am
> goi ng to revert this checkin.

The point is, that a header like

i.e. plain old HTML was going away all along. I made it consistent so
there is the same behaviour for HTML and XHTML. What the PT resource
does is taking the http-equiv header and making a real HTTP header out
of it.

Frankly I have no idea why it is *removing* the http-equiv then. Maybe
because it is redundant. But it would be easy to just keep it.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891