[Zope3-dev] Some thoughts for future releases of Zope 3

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Fri Mar 23 05:48:19 EDT 2007

Christian Theune wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 23.03.2007, 14:43 +0530 schrieb Baiju M:
>
>> I think putting all eggs in one place for each release will be useful
>> for those who make
>> offline installation/deploy. So they can easily make use the
>> 'download-cache' and 'install-from-cache'
>> options of zc.buildout without any hurdle.
>

> I don't think that this requires a central download location for each
> release.

Yes, but users can grab all packages from one location and put together
along with their packages.
Some other egg based web frameworks follows this line, for example
Pylons has a location like this:
http://pylonshq.com/download/0.9.2 , http://pylonshq.com/download/0.9.3
, http://pylonshq.com/download/0.9.4
And this is a good way for archiving our upcoming releases.  And another
thing is that we need not to
solely depend on PyPI.

Regards,
Baiju M