[Zope3-dev] zc.buildout and develop-eggs

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Wed May 2 09:00:09 EDT 2007

Am 02.05.2007 um 14:43 schrieb Jim Fulton:
[...]
> It is expected behavior.  buildout will always prefer a develop egg
> that meets the given requirements.

I wanted to point out that in my case this is not true. buildout
preferes the released egg if it required with a minimum version.
Without this version declaration the develop egg is preferred.

So, when I depend on "zc.form>=0.1dev-r74753" the egg of the release
is preferred (and put into path) instead of the develop egg.
If I depend on "zc.form" the develop egg is preferred.

Hope this makes my problem a bit clearer.

Yours sincerely,
Michael Howitz

gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon: +49 345 12298898 · fax: +49 345 12298891