[Zope3-dev] zc.buildout and develop-eggs

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed May 2 09:12:24 EDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 9:00 AM, Michael Howitz wrote:

> Am 02.05.2007 um 14:43 schrieb Jim Fulton:
> [...]
>> It is expected behavior.  buildout will always prefer a develop
>> egg that meets the given requirements.
>
> I wanted to point out that in my case this is not true. buildout
> preferes the released egg if it required with a minimum version.
> Without this version declaration the develop egg is preferred.

Assuming that you have a checkout of the trunk zc.form, then you are
mistaken. The version number in the setup.py file:

   http://svn.zope.org/zc.form/trunk/setup.py?view=auto

is 0.1dev.  This is before 0.1dev-r74753 and thus doesn't satisfy the
requirement zc.form>=0.1dev-r74753.

If you aren't using the trunk of zc.form, you should share what
version you are using.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org