[Zope3-dev] zope.app.twisted.main and zope multiservice

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu May 3 16:44:07 EDT 2007

On 5/3/07, David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Hi. I'm really wanting to do more with twisted in zope. One thing that
> would make this much easier is to have a means of getting hold of the
> twisted multiservice following startup as opposed to using a different
> main.py (as I have been) to allow the other services to be added,
> started or stopped at, or any time following startup.

I am not sure what you are looking for, but I have no trouble starting
additional services after Zope startup. See my Wing IDE integration
for Zope3, for example;

  http://trac.zopatista.com/zopatista/browser/z3wingdbg/trunk/

It starts additional services, such as a single-threaded HTTP debug
server on a separate port, either at Zope start or later as the user
requests.

--
Martijn Pieters