AW: [Zope3-dev] major packaging reorganization happening in 3.4releases?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Oct 2 15:39:18 EDT 2007

Hi all

> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-dev] major packaging reorganization
> happening in 3.4releases?
>

> On 02.10.2007, at 14:25, Jim Fulton wrote:
>

> > On Oct 2, 2007, at 5:25 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Besides causing us a lot of problems here at the Grok
> sprint, I also
> >> wonder why in the world are we doing major packaging
> reorganizations
> >> and releasing them as minor 3.4.x releases? You'd think such a
> >> reorganization would warrant a 3.5 release!

Sorry, I can't resist to answer the question with some
black humor:

I don't know, probably ask the release manager.
Ah, right, we do not have a releas manager anymore since
all developer have to release their eggs by itself.

I think this question/answer describes our problem
very well we have now.

Again, don't take it personal! I'm not pointing with
my finger to anybody. I just point my finger on the
situation we have right now.

> > Agreed. Someone needs to sloooooow down.  "Speed kills."
> deserves to
> > be added to the Zen of Python. (Actually, ZoP does have a
> variation of
> > that.)
>
> +100.
> that was the most unproductive week in lovely systems HQ ever.

I agree, but that's another topic...
...and probably I'm the person to blame.

But what does slowdown mean? Do we need to slowdown the
development or do we have to slowdown releasing eggs?

Or both?

Or do we need to slow down till we have a better development
process or tools? If so, can we make progress on that?

Regards
Roger Ineichen