[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.dottedname doesn't have a CHANGES.txt (again?)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Oct 2 18:52:29 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 17:14, Jim Fulton wrote:
> One hole I see is giving people guidance on what needs to be tested
> (and how) before a release is made.  My preference would be to rely
> heavily on judgement with a few checks so as not to make things too
> heavy.  This might rule out some releasers.

I want tools! Actually, I just want one tool. 70% of the release process is
repetition and that needs to be factored into a tool. This tool should have
been written before the Zope trunk was blown into pieces, but it wasn't. :-(

There is no way that we will be able to support this many packages in the
future, if we keep doing this manually. I have already spent days on doing
eggs, when I really just wanted to code. :-(

Marius and I wrote down some notes what such a tool could do. I hope he will
post them here.

Regards,
Stephan
--