[Zope3-dev] Re: Release process closure

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Oct 3 18:59:47 EDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I'd really like to get to closure on the current approved release
>> process. Philipp, would you mind separating the release process
>> into a separate file?  Or do you mind if I do it?
>
> Done: http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/
> releasing-software.txt

Cool.  I think you can delete 5b.  You already update the date, as
you should, on the trunk or branch.  You want the actual release date
to be part of the change log, so it has to be entered before making
the tag.

I think we need to split "d" into:

  d) "Create a source release"

  e) Test the source release. At a minimum, rerun the package tests
using the source release.
       (I really need to add a buildout option to help with this.)

   f) If the package has extensions, make and test a windows egg.
(You may need to get someone with
      the needed Windows tools to help you with this. :)

   f) Upload the release(s) to PyPI

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation