[Zope3-dev] zope.error is a 3.5 egg, but is needed by 3.4.x releases

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:30:37 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> > zope.error is a 3.5 egg, but is needed by 3.4.x releases. I guess this
> > also happened because large package refactorings happened and were
> > released as 3.4.x releases. It's pretty bizarre to run into, though.
>
> It's only bizarre if the satellite package versions have semantics
> relative to the Zope 3 version.  They don't, fortunately.
>
> For many of us, we don't even have to think about a Zope 3 version any
> more, and we like it that way.  ;-)

Unfortunately there are also some of us who DO have to think about an
old fashioned Zope 3 release, even if 3.4 is the last monolithic
tarball release.  We -- SchoolTool -- need 3.4 final release.  I don't
think we need any changes in the code... we just need a "final"
release that can be accepted into Debian.

--Tom