[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.error is a 3.5 egg, but is needed by 3.4.x releases

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Oct 6 03:52:17 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:
> I have no idea about this specific move.  If there was a zope.app.error
> before, then distributions of it should still exist and new
> distributions should be backward compatible.
>
>> zope.error 3.5 is needed by:
>
>>   required by zope.app.applicationcontrol 3.4.1.
>>   required by zope.app.appsetup 3.4.1.
>>   required by zope.app.publication 3.4.2.
>
> OK. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

The issue is that the packages Martijn mentioned above as well as
zope.app.error were in 3.4.x beta mode. That means they were stabilizing.

Yet zope.app.error was split up into zope.error and zope.app.error
without releasing a zope.app.error 3.4.0 final first. The split up
should have been done entirely in the 3.5.x series, *after* producing
stable 3.4.0 releases.