[Zpt] Two days until TAL/TALES spec freeze.

Tim Peters tim@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:50:00 -0500

[Guido]
>> The path segments cannot contain "any character but slash"; I thought
>> the agreed-upon set was letters, digits, underscore, dash, period,
>> comma, tilde, and space.

[Evan]
> I missed this.  Does this include all characters that are legal in
> Zope Ids?

That was the *intent*, yes.  You should double-check that!  IIRC, somebody
was guessing at the characters Zope allowed from staring at a laptop while
somebody else scribbled them on the board ...

>> I remember from our meeting that that's allowed, except for the
>> variable name 'standard', which may not be redefined either as local
>> or as global.

> Should we call this 'builtins' instead?

Well, they're not Python builtins, so perhaps "standard" is a better name
after all.  IIRC, it started life as "std" (perhaps in analogy w/ C++), but
then there was a general NO MORE STINKING ABBREVIATIONS backlash.  I liked
"std" myself <0.9 wink>.