[Zope-Perl] problem with dynamic loading of perl embedded in python ?

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
04 Aug 2000 19:51:14 +0200

Joseph Wayne Norton <norton@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Gisle Aas writes:
> > Did it actually fail or was it just a warning?  I would anyway suggest
> > that we DISABLE prototypes as they don't do much good for methods.
>
> I was mistaken -- sorry for wasting your time.  The message was simply
> a warning.  The failure was due to a problem in finding python for
> setup.py. I misread the output from my build scripts.
>
> FYI - The following warnings are given my Makefile.PL and then
> setup.py respectively when building.
>
>  a. Please specify prototyping behavior for Object.xs (see perlxs manual)

Ok.  Next release will have "PROTOTYPES: DISABLE" so you will not see
that message.

>  b. system: '/export/arseed-apps/base/bin/python setup.py install'
>  warning: build_ext: old-style (ext_name, build_info) tuple found in
>  ext_modules for extension 'perl'-- please convert to Extension
>  instance

What version of python and Distutils do you use here?

> FYI - I like the idea of having a single install shell script that
> accepts paths for the perl/python executables as arguments and
> builds/installs the perl and python packages.

I'll see if I can come up with something.

Regards,
Gisle