[Zope-ZEO] ZODB as a standalone server

Helge Hess helge.hess@skyrix.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 22:03:58 +0100

"John D. Heintz" wrote:
> I am just a few steps away from being able to package some example code
> that demonstrates how we are successfully :-) useing ZODB and omniORB to
> expose a CORBA application.

I'm not sure that this is what I'm searching for. In my understanding
CORBA isn't able to transfer objects, only to access them (that is,
CORBA is method centric).
I would like to have sth which is data centric, that is, a database.
That ZODB is able to store functionality is a nice side effect, but not
my primary intention (much like stored procedures in an RDBMS, you
wouldn't programm complete applications in it).

Greetings
  Helge