[ZODB-Dev] ZODB roadmap

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:07:57 -0400 (EDT)

  CRR> Is the Zope ZODB and the StandaloneZODB going to be a fork
  CRR> maintained, or is StandaloneZODB basically a couple of links
  CRR> into the Zope tree (IOW, it's a convenience package?)

Both releases will be coming from the same code base.

  CRR> It's been rumored that PythonLabs is thinking about ZODB
  CRR> inclusion with Python. This sounds pretty improbable; is it
  CRR> true?

Why don't the good rumors ever come my way?  I don't think we've even
discussed including ZODB in the core.  I don't think it would be a
good idea to include a large project like ZODB with its own life cycle
in the Python core.

  CRR> Is Andrew's documentation the standard for now? Will the HOWTO
  CRR> be integrated into the release, or provided on some zope.org
  CRR> pages? Andrew?

Andrew's documentation is the best user docs that I'm aware of,
although Jim's SPAM 9 paper and the UML-based documentation available
from the wiki also have a lot of good information.  (In the latter
case, though, you have to intuit what's current and what's stale :-).

Documentation is a fairly high priority item.

Jeremy