[ZODB-Dev] Mounting Non-Versioned Storage

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:21:22 -0400

Hi Chris,

> 1. What storage should I use? I really don't want to go near BDB if
possible, is there
> something like a PacklessFielStorage at all?

BerkeleyStorage is AFAIK the only well-supported nonundoing nontemporary
storage implementation available.  I'm not sure whether to use the Packless
or Full implementation from the BerkeleyStorage package if you want
nonundoing behavior, I seem to remember something about Packless being
deprecated.  Barry probably knows the answer here.

> 2. How do I go about mounting the storage? Is the stuff used to mount the
TemporaryStorage
> thing for the new Zope 2.5 sessions the way to go or is there something
better available?

Shane's ExtMount product is probably the way to go here.
http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ExternalMount

HTH,

- C