[ZODB-Dev] Using ZODB with 2.2 new classes

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch@rogers.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 17:28:50 -0400

I pulled out the development version of Zope3, built it, then copied the
following package directories to my site packages:

	Interface
	Persistence
	Transaction
	zLOG
	zODB

That seems to work perfectly for everything I've been doing (mostly
using ZODB in a single-user stand-alone package with basicproperty-based
new-style classes).

Note: I did the pull-cvs-and-compile thing a long time ago, and haven't
kept up with new Zope3 changes, but I doubt that it's really changed
that much, given that almost all the Zope3-dev discussion has been about
higher-level functionality.

Note Also: I didn't get a BTree package from that process, not sure if
it's now in the CVS

Note Also: I didn't delete a previous install of Standalone ZODB, so it
could be there are pyds hanging around that are providing functionality
under the covers.

HTH,
Mike

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> We haven't yet tried to package anything on the Zope3 branch for
> external use.  I expect it's possible to nit together something; you'd
> need Persistence, Transaction, and ZODB and any sundry packages they
> require.
   Mike C. Fletcher
   http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/