[ZODB-Dev] Using ZODB with 2.2 new classes

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:51:45 -0400

  MCF> I pulled out the development version of Zope3, built it, then
  MCF> copied the following package directories to my site packages:

  MCF> 	Interface Persistence Transaction zLOG zODB

  MCF> That seems to work perfectly for everything I've been doing
  MCF> (mostly using ZODB in a single-user stand-alone package with
  MCF> basicproperty-based new-style classes).

  MCF> Note: I did the pull-cvs-and-compile thing a long time ago, and
  MCF> haven't kept up with new Zope3 changes, but I doubt that it's
  MCF> really changed that much, given that almost all the Zope3-dev
  MCF> discussion has been about higher-level functionality.

  MCF> Note Also: I didn't get a BTree package from that process, not
  MCF> sure if it's now in the CVS

The BTrees are currently in Persistence.BTrees.  Not sure if they'll
stay there or not.  In the last week, there have been a lot of changes
to Persistence and BTrees, all to fix problems with the BTrees.  We
fixed all the known problems, so the problems you find will be all
new.

Jeremy