[ZODB-Dev] Announcing ZCF 0.5 - The ZODB CORBA integrationframework

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:18:17 -0400

John,

Your message reminded me of a recent change we made to ZODB.  Just before
the soap 2.6 alpha Shane convinced me to change the way object register
themselves with the current transaction.  Instead of calling
get_transaction().commit(), the persistence machinery registers itself with
the ZODB Connection and the Connection has the logic for registering with
the current transaction.  That means you can create a subclass of
ZODB.Connection and override its register method to change the default
policy of one thread to one transaction.

I think that might make your job easier in the future.

Jeremy