[ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 project plan

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:26:47 -0500

On 27 November 2002, Guido van Rossum said:
> That's funny.  I am pleading to remove them, because (even though Zope
> *supports* them) we recommend against using them in Zope; no Zope
> sites that I know of use them.

[warning: gratutious Zope flames coming up!]

Well, several people pointed them out as a PR bonus for Zope.  I think
Zope versions are only a PR bonus because people instinctively
understand that throwing everything into a database and losing the
ability to grep/emacs/cvs your web site sucks, but still want to believe
that complex database trickery can alleviate one of those problems.
It can't.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org